Request by a CAB for reconsideration of any adverse decision made by the accreditation body related to its desired accreditation status.
NOTE Adverse decisions include
– refusal to accept an application,
– refusal to proceed with an assessment,
– corrective action requests,
– changes in accreditation scope,
– decisions to deny, suspend or withdraw accreditation, and
– any other action that impedes the attainment of accreditation.
Source: ISO/IEC 17011:2004, Conformity assessment – General requirements for accreditation bodies accrediting conformity assessment bodies. Global Standards
request by applicant, candidate or certified person for reconsideration of any decision made by the certification body related to his/her desired certification status
[SOURCE: ISO/IEC 17024:2012, 3.19].
Source: ISO/IEC TS 17027:2014, Conformity assessment – Vocabulary related to competence of persons used for certification of persons, Global Standards
“Appeal” means an appeal under regulation 24.
Source: The Offshore Installations (Safety Case) Regulations 2005, UK S.I. 2005/3117, 2005. Regulations