Control Panel

An enclosure displaying an array of switches, push buttons, lights and/or valves and various pressure gauges or meters to control or monitor functions. Control panel types include: diverter panel; rig floor panel; master panel; and mini or auxiliary remote panel. All of these panels are remote from the main hydraulic manifold and can be pneumatic, electric or hydraulic powered.
1. Diverter Panel—A panel that is dedicated to the diverter and flowline system functions.
2. Rig Floor Panel (Driller’s Panel)—The BOP control panel mounted near the driller’s position on the rig floor.
3. Master Panel (Hydraulic or Electric)—The panel mounted in close proximity to the primary power fluid supply. All control functions are operable from this panel including all required regulators, gauges, meters, audible alarms, and visible alarms.
4. Mini or Auxiliary Remote Panel (Toolpusher’s Panel)—A full or limited function panel mounted in a remote location for use as an emergency backup.

Source: API SPEC 16D, Specification for Control Systems for Drilling Well Control Equipment and Control Systems for Diverter Equipment, Upstream Segment, Second Edition, July 2004. Global Standards

Comments are closed.