Information required to be controlled and maintained by an organization and the medium on which it is contained
- Note 1 to entry: Documented information can be in any format and media and from any source.
- Note 2 to entry: Documented information can refer to
- the management system, including related processes;
- information created in order for the organization to operate (documentation);
- evidence of results achieved (records).
Source: ISO/IEC 27000:2014, Information technology — Security techniques — Information security management systems — Overview and vocabulary, Third Edition, January 2014. Global Standards