DOI pipelines include:
- Producer-operated pipelines extending upstream (generally seaward) from each point on the OCS at which operating responsibility transfers from a producing operator to a transporting operator;
- Producer-operated pipelines extending upstream (generally seaward) of the last valve (including associated safety equipment) on the last production facility on the OCS that do not connect to a transporter-operated pipeline on the OCS before crossing into State waters;
- Producer-operated pipelines connecting production facilities on the OCS;
- Transporter-operated pipelines that DOI and DOT have agreed are to be regulated as DOI pipelines; and
- All OCS pipelines not subject to regulation under 49 CFR parts 192 and 195.
Source: Oil and Gas and Sulphur Operations in the Outer Continental Shelf, 30 CFR 250 (2013). Regulations