(A) Excluding sites addressed in subparagraphs (B) (relating to pipelines) and (C) (relating to gas plants) of this paragraph, any of the following operational units that are owned or operated by one person and other sites at which hazardous oil and gas waste is generated or where actions first cause a hazardous oil and gas waste to become subject to regulation, including but not limited to:
- all oil and gas wells that produce to one set of storage or treatment vessels, such as a tank battery, the storage or treatment vessels, associated flowlines, and related land surface;
- an injection or disposal site, that is not part of a generation site described in subparagraph (A)(i) of this paragraph, its related injection or disposal wells, associated injection lines, and related land surface;
- an offshore platform; or
- any other site, including all structures, appurtenances, or other improvements associated with that site that are geographically contiguous, but which may be divided by public or private right-of-way, provided the entrance and exit between the properties is at a cross-roads intersection, and access is by crossing as opposed to going along, the right-of-way.
(B) In the case of a pipeline system (other than a field flowline or injection line system), an equipment station (such as a pump station, breakout station, or compressor station) or any other location along a pipeline (such as a drip pot, pigging station, or rupture), together with any and all structures, other appurtenances, and improvements:
- that are geographically contiguous with or are physically related to an equipment station or other location described in this paragraph, but excluding any pipeline that connects two or more such stations or locations;
- that are owned or operated by one person; and
- at which hazardous oil and gas waste is produced or where actions first cause a hazardous oil and gas waste to become subject to regulation.
(C) A natural gas treatment or processing plant or a natural gas liquids processing plant.
Source: Oil and Gas Division, Texas Administrative Code, Title 16, Chapter 3, February 2013. Regulations