Government body means:
- the Commonwealth, a State or a Territory; or
- a body corporate established for a public purpose by or under a law of the Commonwealth or of a State or Territory, other than:
- the Western Australian Coastal Shipping Commission;or
- the Transport Commission established under the Transport Act 1981 of Tasmania; or
- a body corporate that is declared by regulations made under the Shipping Registration Act 1981 not to be a Government authority for the purposes of that Act.
Source: Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage Act 2006, Australia, amended 2012. Legislation