“Offshore Area” means the offshore area as defined by Article 43 of this Accord.
Source: Canada – Nova Scotia Offshore Petroleum Resources Accord, Canada, August 26, 1986. Legislation
The area defined in the Accord Acts. Note: C-NAAIA 2; CNSOPRAIA 2.
Source: Incident Reporting and Investigation Guidelines, The Canada-Nova Scotia Offshore Petroleum Board and Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Offshore Petroleum Board, Canada, November 30, 2012. Regulatory Guidance
“Offshore area” means Sable Island or any area of land not within a province that belongs to Her Majesty in right of Canada or in respect of which Her Majesty in right of Canada has the right to dispose of or exploit the natural resources and that is situated in submarine areas in the internal waters of Canada, the territorial sea of Canada or the continental shelf of Canada; zone extracôtière.
Source: National Energy Board Act, R.S.C., 1985, c. N-7, Canada, current to April 29, 2013. Legislation
“Offshore area” means the lands and submarine areas within the limits described in Schedule 1 of the Accord Acts.
Source: Canada-Nova Scotia Offshore Petroleum Resources Accord Implementation Act, S.C. 1988, c. 28, Canada, current to May 26, 2013. Legislation
Source: Nova Scotia Offshore Petroleum Occupational Health & Safety Requirements, Canada-Nova Scotia Offshore Petroleum Board, Canada, December 2000. Regulations
Offshore area means:
- the offshore area of New South Wales; or
- the offshore area of Victoria; or
- the offshore area of Queensland; or
- the offshore area of Western Australia; or
- the offshore area of South Australia; or
- the offshore area of Tasmania; or
- the Principal Northern Territory offshore area; or
- the Eastern Greater Sunrise offshore area; or
- the offshore area of Norfolk Island; or
- the offshore area of the Territory of Christmas Island; or
- the offshore area of the Territory of Cocos (Keeling) Islands; or
- the offshore area of the Territory of Ashmore and Cartier Islands; or
- the offshore area of the Territory of Heard Island and McDonald Islands;
and, when used in the expression the offshore area, means whichever of the areas referred to in paragraph (a), (b), (c), (d), (e), (f), (g), (h), (i), (j), (k), (l) or (m) is applicable.
Note 1: The offshore area of a State or Territory is defined by section 8. Note 2: The offshore area of a State or Territory corresponds to the term adjacent area under the repealed Petroleum (Submerged Lands) Act 1967.
Source: Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage Act 2006, Australia, amended 2012. Legislation